Monday, July 13, 2009

Our Little Girl is Growing Up!

Mommy's Back to Work!
So last week was my first week back at work. Thank God for McDonald's nonfat iced mochas! I think I am currently keeping them in business! Lexie will be 12 weeks in two days, believe it or not! She is consistently sleeping in her crib and now makes it about 5-6 hours before waking up for her first nighttime feeding. Of course she then wakes up for her second one anytime between 2-3 hours, but I am hoping she gradually begins to stretch the first one out and just eliminates the second. She has to be somewhere between 11-12 pounds now and is growing and maturing like you wouldn't believe.
She definitely misses me and Anthony at daycare, but seems to be adjusting and all the other babies/kids love her. So far I have still been pumping and mixing milk with formula for the daytime. I plan to keep the night feedings as long as possible; I really believe it is making a difference in her immune system. She has outgrown the colic phase and is happy a lot more, smiling and even giggling a little. She discovered that her hands can clasp together and has been really fascinated by it for a week or so now, experimenting with different ways of holding them in front of her. The latest variation is pulling extremely hard on her index finger without ever letting go.
As hard as it is to leave her, it is also good to be back at work; everyone is so anxious to see pictures of her! Everything is coming back to me very quickly and it makes the time with her getting ready in the morning and when I come home that much more special!

No comments: