Sunday, December 6, 2009

Busy!

It's Been a While!


Wow! I can hardly believe it's been so long since I've blogged! Things have been moving at a pretty quick pace here and I have a lot of updates.

First of all, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving; traveled to Memphis for the second year in a row and stayed with Aunt Virginia. Lexie did great on the trip; we brought a Pack n Play this time since she is getting so big and she slept in that while we were there. She met her cousin Isaiah for the first time and they got their pictures taken together - SO cute!

She also got an early Christmas present - her first doll! It is soft, washable and says "I Love You!" (I think Aunt Virginia and I had more fun playing with it than she did!) Eventually it was time to come back home. She did well on the ride back and was so excited to be home that she spent about an hour and a half straight just jumping in her Jumperoo!

We went to the Christmas Train in Dry Gulch that Saturday also. It was an amazing time with so much to see and do! The weather was beautiful and Lexie sat on our laps for the train ride that tells the real story of Christmas. The workers there are in costume and did a great job of staying in character, but Lexie did manage to coax some smiles out of the conductor while we were riding. He was standing in between the rail cars and she stood on my lap and jumped up and down, smiling at him through the car window. He couldn't help but smile and wave at her a few times.

In other news, Lexie started at a new child development center on December 1st. We were sad to see her leave Krystal's since she has so many friends there now, but super excited for all the new adventures ahead of her at her new "school". She has been adjusting well and there is so much for her to do there. Below is a picture of her with her sippy cup; I have been introducing one for a while - I finally put some diluted juice in it (before I was just using water.) I think she thinks it is more of a teether than a cup, but at least she puts her mouth on it and makes me think it's working :)




No comments: