Thursday, June 25, 2009

Nine Weeks and 106 Degrees...


So HOT Outside...

So yesterday Lexie turned 9 weeks old. It's been a super hot week; 110 yesterday and at least 106 today. I've been doing my best to keep Lexie inside and avoid any trips during the hottest part of the day when at all possible, but today I had a chiropractor's appointment (I've been seeing one since my accident to make sure I don't suffer any long term effects).

Man, it was so hot out and I felt so bad taking her out of the car in the heat. It was sweltering to me and knowing babies don't sweat I can't imagine how she feels. I got her inside to the air conditioning as soon as I could. The doctor and all his staff know Lexie pretty well by now and we made it the whole appointment without her crying today!

Bottle feeding has been going well since we switched to the Playtex nursers and I am thankful every trip for ice packs to keep her milk fresh. After getting home she did a little tummy time and then fell fast asleep. (The picture below is from earlier this week, but as you can see, she is not quite as big a fan of tummy time as she is time on her back! She is doing great at lifting her head and shoulders though.)

No comments: